About Bethany Christian Care
Bethany Christian Care is a long-established, not-for-profit aged care provider with a strong Christian purpose and mission. We have two sites in Brisbane - at Manly West (36 aged care beds) and Eight Mile Plains (120 aged care beds).
We have a terrific leadership opportunity for an Executive Clinical Manager at Bethany Christian Care’s residential aged care home at The Plains in Eight Mile Plains.
The position is ideal for a caring, management-orientated Registered Nurse who relishes the challenge of overseeing the provision of quality, regulatory-compliant clinical services.
The position would ideally suit a practising Christian – someone who can engender an atmosphere of love and care in the home, and lead in the outworking of our Christian purpose and mission.
We'll be honest here – working in aged care is not for the faint-hearted. It can be challenging and requires just as much heart as it does muscle and mind. But the reward is great, and every day you’ll see how your work positively impacts the people we care for. We will support you, give you opportunities to grow, and celebrate with you as you enable our residents to live abundantly.
If this position sounds like a challenge you would relish, read on…
About the role
The Executive Clinical Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer and be part of the Executive Leadership Team.
The Executive Clinical Manager is responsible for overseeing the clinical care at both our aged care sites. The position oversees all our nurses and personal care workers, and leads the Clinical Leadership Team - a collegial forum for collective problem-solving, decision-making, policy development and clinical governance.
In addition, the Executive Clinical Manager has access to the help of on-site administration staff and the rest of the Executive Leadership Team.
Under our model of care, the Executive Clinical Manager role is not responsible for hotel services (eg, laundry and cleaning), maintenance, pastoral care, HR and finance. Those areas are managed by other staff cooperatively with the Executive Clinical Manager.
Specifically, the successful applicant will:
- Be resilient and calm under pressure.
- Be able to build trusting relationships with residents, families and staff.
- Be able to show leadership in our Christian purpose and mission.
- Have strong clinical management and governance skills and experience.
- Be familiar with and able to lead in relation to the aged care quality standards.
- Be well-versed in AN-ACC and mandatory care minutes.
Benefits of joining our team
An attractive salary will be negotiated for the right candidate, which can be boosted by "salary packaging". Salary packaging for this position allows up to $15,900 of your salary to be paid completely tax-free. The amount can be more if you avail yourself of a meals/entertainment card and other packaging avenues such as holiday accommodation expenses
Other benefits include free meals during working hours.
Join our team
To learn more about working at Bethany Christian Care please visit our website: https://bethanycc.org.au/careers.
In your application, please answer the following questions:
- Do you have experience in an executive level clinical role?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Can you provide evidence of collaborating with other executive managers?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the residential aged care quality standards?
- Do you have experience working with people with dementia?
- What is your understanding of, and willingness to lead the outworking of, our purpose and mission?
Applications close 16 February 2024Apply now